Huawei phones are always better priced than iphones, even if huwaei latest flagships have also been expensive devices. New technologies. You always see huwaei implement new technoloogies in their phones, trying to innovate and offer new things. Apple does almost never do it.
- New technologies. You always see huawei implement new technoloogies in their phones, trying to innovate and offer new things. Apple does almost never do it. Apple is rather slow while implementing new technologies, they don’t try, they wait for others to test it and then introduce it.
- The wide variety: If you want an iphone, you either have to spend somewhere around the 1000 USD or settle for an older device. Nobody should spend so much on a phone and nobody should buy a phone that is over 4 years old. (Look at how many people still buy the terribly slow iphone 6 from 2014 just for the sake of having an iphone). Huawei on the other hand has a phone for every budget, current phone, with newer specs and software.
- Staying in the variety: With iphone you have 3 phones (finally, they used to be just one). So you have the big one, the smaller one or the cheaper one. That’s it. With huawei’s many many options you can find the one that suits you best.
I will leave it at that. There are so many many reasons why huawei and many brands are infinitely better than apple. But those for another time.
It is highly subjective, but if you take face-value alone, see for yourself:
- The iPhone XS-Max with 512GB storage (the best iPhone available) retails in the UK for £1,449. It has two cameras, with 2x optical zoom, at best at 12 megapixels, 6 CPU cores, 4GB RAM and a 3174mAh battery and a 6.5″ OLED 1242 x 2688 screen
- A Huawei P30 Pro with 512GB storage (arguably the best phone available) retails in the UK for £1,094. It has three cameras, with 5x optical zoom, at best 40 megapixels, an 8-core CPU, 8GB RAM and a 4200mAh battery, 6.47″ OLED 1080 x 2340 screen
The iPhone has half the RAM, 75% the battery capacity of the Huawei, and the Huawei camera setup is MILES better than anything else on the market, yet the iPhone is nearly 40% more expensive. Both the above phones are furiously fast, and the battery would easily last more than 24 hours in all cases, as you would expect for a top-of-the-line phone, but you get better bang-for-buck with the Huawei.
Having owned and used devices from Apple, Samsung and Huawei, I can categorically state that my P20 Pro (last year’s model) is the best phone I have ever owned in almost every respect. The photos are breathtaking, the device NEVER slows down, and the battery reliably lasts more than 24 hours even with heavy use, and I have 80+ apps installed. I tried an iPhone for 6 months last year, and though it was fast, I was constantly frustrated by the poor usability and the lack of innovation.
Well, I have used both, let’s see…..
Price, MUCH better.
The best that Huawei can offer is the P30 Pro, which costs 8990 Norwegian kr.
The best that Apple can offer is the iPhone 11 Pro, which costs 16000 Norwegian kr.
The phones are pretty much identical, though Apple may have tiny miscellaneous advantages.
Any options to chop down the price?
Huawei can offer you the P30 Lite, which will cut down battery power by 25, RAM from 8 to 6 GB, but lowers price to 2990 Norwegian kr, which is 30% of a Pro.
Yes, I bought the Lite, and there are some problems, which are understandable since It’s cheap and should be worse.
Huawei loses a big aspect to Apple, which is device capacity.
Some games on Huawei are limited to 30 FPS, which is quite a bummer. The iPhones takes the crown, as they can offer 60FPS on almost everything.
But, this is a hollow victory, as games will add 60 FPS to more devices, so sooner or later, Huawei will also gain 60 FPS, and this advantage will be gone.
Another notch Huawei seizes is Battery capacity.
(To make a fair fight, I’m comparing the iPhone X to the P30 Lite, as I couldn’t dig up capacity for the 11 yet.)
The XR packs 2900 milliamps
The Lite packs 3300 milliamps.